Friday, September 10, 2010

Boston Ahts Festival (that would be art to you non- Bostonians)




Every year the city of Boston hosts the Boston Ahts Festival and every year I say I'm going but I never do. Well this year I actually made my way over to the festival and I wasn't disappointed.  First of all, you can't beat the location.  The festival is located at Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park.  Columbus Park looks over Boston Harbor and is just blocks away from the North End (hello BOVA Bakery; see earlier post) and it's across the street from Faneuil Hall Marketplace. 
     The Boston Ahts Festival is an opportunity for local artists to present and sell their works such as photographs, paintings, sculptures, clothing and jewelry.  It's obvious these artists put their heart and soul into their works and it's inspiring to see their creativity.  The Festival also has a performing arts aspect to enjoy.  During the three day festival many local bands, dance companies, poets and musicians will be performing.  I was lucky to see upcoming band Air Traffic Controller rock out on the main stage.  They are hugely talented and I look forward to hearing more of their music. 
     All in all the Boston Ahts Festival is a fun take and it's a great excuse to check out the city's many talented artists.  The Festival is open Sept. 10-12.


http://www.myspace.com/airtrafficcontrollermusic
www.bostonahtsfestival.com

No comments:

Post a Comment