Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Got Milk?




Boston is known for the Freedom Trail, Fenway Park, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Cheers and a host of other popular attractions but one of my favorite landmarks in Boston is the Hood Milk Bottle.  The Hood Milk Bottle has been around for as long as I can remember.  Located in front of the Boston Children's Museum, the structure stands 40 feet tall.  I love how we have this giant milk bottle just a few steps away from where the Boston Tea Party took place. Not sure if our founding fathers had this in mind but somehow it all works.
    Now obviously this bottle isn't filled to the rim with milk but it does serve as a snack shack offering such treats as ice cream, hot dogs, sandwiches and other beverages.  It's a quirky landmark that I enjoy seeing everyday and I'm happy it has a home in Boston.

1 comment:

  1. Um, why have you never taken me here...you know my love for milk, Jen! ;) Can we go the next time I visit Boston?

    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete