Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sha la la la



During one of the recent storms I parked my rear on the sofa and started flipping through the channels. When I reached the 200's on the dial I figured my quest for entertainment just wasn't happening. Then I reached channel 221 and it felt like I hit the jackpot. The HUB channel was airing episodes of Family Ties! Maybe I was feeling nostalgic but I was so excited to see the Keaton family again. Alex P. Keaton! He was one of the greatest characters on television. Always wearing a tie and carrying a briefcase, Alex is the only Republican I will ever like.  As a kid I loved Family Ties and I loved Thursday nights.  The Cosby Show (loved the Huxtables), Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court. Thursdays were always a great night for TV.
   I loved the Keatons. I enjoyed the dynamics between Steven and Elyse and Alex, Mallory and Jennifer. Even Skippy the neighbor was like part of the family. I could have done without Andrew in the later seasons but I liked how all the siblings looked after him. Remember Nick, Mallory's boyfriend?  "Hey" was always his official greeting and it was always funny when the family replied back with their own "hey".  It was all in the delivery.
    One of my favorite episodes was when Alex falls in love with Ellen and races to the train station to stop her from marrying her boyfriend. He declares his love for her and that song "At This Moment" is playing in the background. Remember that song? I swooned when I saw Alex and Ellen embrace and I still swoon every time I see this episode and hear that song.  Such a sweet moment.
   I'm so happy that I can catch an episode of Family Ties when I want and get reacquainted with one of my favorite TV families. Now if only I could find a channel that airs The Facts of Life. I could use a dose of Mrs. G and the Eastland girls. Anyone have any leads? 
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment