Sunday, March 3, 2013

Postcard Therapy

The start of this year I decided I would be a tourist in my city and blog about the sites and attractions here in Boston.  There are tons of sites I have never visited or that I haven't been too in a long time.  Initially, I wanted to visit a place every weekend but being that it's March now, obviously my plan hasn't worked out.  Today, I finally put my plan in action and visited the Museum of Fine Arts.  
 
                                   
 
One of the reasons I wanted to visit the MFA is because they have an exhibit called The Postcard Age on display until mid-April.   I love postcards.  I always ask my family and friends to send me a postcard whenever they travel.  I don't even care if the card comes a week after they're returned from the trip; I just find it refreshing to recieve a piece of mail that isn't junk or a bill.  Recieving a postcard allows me to get my fill of wanderlust and gives me ideas of where to go next.  So to say the least, I really enjoyed the postcard exhibit at the MFA. It was interesting to learn the history of the postcard and how it evolved over the years.  Check it out before April 14th if you can. Of course, there's much more to explore at the museum like the Art of the Americas wing, Ancient Worlds, Art of Europe and more. Visit www.mfa.org for more information.
 
Keep sending those postcards folks! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment