Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Daytripping cont....

Rockport Harbor

 When I first arrived in Rockport I felt like I was on a movie set.  It just seemed so perfect, so picturesque that I expected a director to come out from behind the shops and yell "cut!". Situated on the rocky Atlantic, Rockport is a charming seaside New England village.  I could have spent the day just staring out into the ocean watching the waves crash over the rocks.  If that wasn't enough then I could definitely have spent the day visiting all the unique shops in the Bearskin Neck section of town.  Visitors can buy something for everyone on their list.  There are art galleries, jewelry shops, clothing, toys, candy shops, clothing...everything you can think of there is a shop for it even a strudel shop!

Motif Number 1

Ever hear of Motif  Number 1?  I never did until I visited Rockport.  Apparently Motif number 1 is the most often painted building in America. When I was there it seemed like the most photographed building too.  It's a red fish shanty located in Rockport Harbor and it's a favorite subject for artists.  Who knew a fish shanty could be so popular!
  I would recommend spending a day in Rockport.  It really is a beautiful and charming town.  You won't want to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment