Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I've always liked Halloween but I haven't really participated in Halloween since I was a kid....until today. Tonight I was in Gardner, MA helping my brother and niece dish out candy to the trick or treaters. I have never seen so many kids!  We received 299 trick or treaters over a two hour period! (Yes, we kept count. I was hoping for that 300th person but it didn't happen) It was so much fun seeing all the kids in their costumes. My favorite was the girl dressed as the Twister boardgame. She used the spin wheel as her hat. Very creative. There were the fair share of princesses (my niece Elizabeth was the cutest Mulan I've ever seen), vampires and witches but there were also many bumble bees, Spidermans, Woody the Cowboys and quite a few Mario and Luigi's.  (Does Mario Brothers have a new video game or something?)  Seeing all these Halloween participants made me realize that Halloween is still fun for kids and adults.  I already told my brother I'm coming back next year and I'll be wearing a costume.  I hope everyone out there had as much fun this Halloween as I did! Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment